NOT SURE HOW TO CREATE A SUCCESSION PLAN?
When it comes to thinking about the right time to exit a business, many owners block out the rational instincts that have served them so well, and instead, put it off for another day. It’s understandable. Realising value in a business, or a stake in it, is more than just a business or financial decision. It’s an emotional one too.
It’s about planning their succession, managing the divestment of their business, planning what they’ll do with their time and money, and how they arrange their family life. It’s about how owners will live their lives after the sale.
HOW WE CAN HELP
We ask the right questions up front.
- Are you willing to disclose vital information to trade competitors?
- Would you prefer to sell 100% or transition out of the business over time?
- How long would you like the process to take?
- Can you think of a potential buyer that understands your business?
- How important are your long-standing business relationships?
- How would you like management and employees to be looked after?
There is a lot to think about. So with Direct Capital, we don’t rush the process. Rather, we spend time getting to know you and your business, so we have a clear picture of the lifestyle you’re trying to achieve.
We also view ownership change as an exciting time, a gateway for owners to map out a new direction. Many of the owners we’ve worked with say they wish they’d done it years ago!